Monday, February 12, 2007

Congratulations!

Congratulations to Brandon for his 2:59 finish in the Mercedes Marathon yesterday! A new event PR for Brandon, and good enough that he placed second in his age group AND in the top 15 overall (he was 11th or 12th, I think - but he smoked just about everybody). It was fun running with Brandon for miles 24 and 25. It's probably the only way I'll ever get to run those miles with him in a marathon, unless he's pacing my slow self. (Sidenote: My legs hurt today (quads). Not running the marathon doesn't hurt me as much as knowing that I physically CAN'T run a marathon right now.)

Congrats also go out to Christie for her 2:05 finish in the half marathon! Excellent debut! I hope that you enjoyed the experience and will now feel inspired to do many, many more. The Country Music Marathon & Half Marathon is only about 8 weeks away.

That's all that I have time for right now. Good Monday to you all.

3 comments:

King Conch said...

Okay, according to the marathon website, Brandon was 16th Overall, the 10th Male finisher, and second in the Male 30-34 age group to that BA$TA&D machine of a runner Ellis.

KBF said...

He really did. What a swell guy! Brandon said he wouldn't have PR'd without him. Jammy, you have to get back in the game. It is lonely watching all by myself w/o Leah.

klhcain said...

Brandon did appreciate the boost you gave him. Hope you can get back on track now since your treadmill is moved.