Friday, February 15, 2008

THE STRIKE IS OVER!!!!

Yea!!! The Writer's Guild of America strike against the big bad television producers is over! And they worked out the deal just in time for the summer hiatus...see you next September, I guess.

It's really just as well if they were going to keep writing crap like the Lipstick Mafia (a/k/a Lucy Liu is under contract, and We Need to Cross Promote the Sex and the City Movie as Much as Possible).

Is there an industry out there that is heavy in unions that is able to react to changes without so much pushback from the unions that it threatens the industry as a whole? I've never really understood the whole, "We'll show them! We won't work and they'll have to close this shop and we'll be out of jobs!" thought process. [Sorry Paw-Paw, a proud member of the UMWA.]

I understand the reason why unions began so many years ago, but in some respects, they've become a mockery of themselves.

Happy day after Valentine's Day! Leah, Jack and I had a romantic dinner of Toots' chicken salad and some rolls at 5:15, then we watched Cars again. Then we went upstairs and looked at Cars on the computer. Then we watched Lost. I've given up trying to figure out what's going on with the Lostaways of Craphole Island. I'm not even sure why I watch it, but it's the only show that I watch. And we DiVo it, so I don't watch the ads either. I'm a writers/producers/ABC/advertisers worst nightmare. OH, it occurs to me that I might be stealing the show...I'll ponder that over the summer hiatus.

1 comment:

klhcain said...

Does look like unions sometimes do more harm than good. Jobs usually get done anyway or else it doesn't really matter (as in writer's strike). I'm glad new stuff will be coming on but I really watch too much tv anyway so it made me find other things to do - and let Ron watch all his Tru-TV and L&O reruns.
Ron has intersting stories about crossing picket lines to work jobs where mill workers were striking.