Tuesday, April 01, 2008

100 and Done

It occurred to me today that I had created 99 posts for The Conch Shack. The first one was on August 31, 2006. The last on will be today. 100 is enough. There's no since in staying in it like Mike Huckabee.

When I started More of Less, the predecessor to The Conch Shack, KBF and PromKingsWife were staff writers. Now they have their own successful blogs, and several others have spawned from there. That's fun to see.

In truth, I don't have time to be a good employee, father, or husband. I know that's not the order those are supposed to be in, but on any given day, that's the order that the majority of my time is spent. I certainly don't have time to be an employee, a father, a husband, a son, a brother, a grandson, an uncle, a blogger, a runner, a golfer, a yard boy, president of the homeowners association, webmaster of some dorky insurance association, or any of the other things that I either try to be or have agreed to be that I can't even think of right now. It's time to let some of it go.

Looking back through some of the older posts...Jack's first Christmas.....the Sleep Lady Shuffle, the Ferber Method...hey, some television shows that I used to watch...Mike Shula's firing....the trip to NASA with PawPaw...it's been fun.

Thanks for sharing. Take care and good luck.

No comments: