Monday, October 09, 2006

Back!

9 days in Florida go by just as fast as 3 days. I had a good time, I really did, but I don't think that it's completely fair that you have to use vacation time for a trip involving an (almost) 9-month old baby and two generations of mothers-in-law. You should only have to take one vacation day for every two days of such a trip.

So many things to talk about, so little time. I only have a couple of minutes, but in a nutshell, the trip involved:

1. 72 very effective showings of the Little Einsteins in The Birthday Machine (thank you Karly and Brandon).

2. Jack sleeping just about the entire way down there and back.

3. Restaurants that peeps didn't like. I had never instantaneously regretted a restaurant choice. I now have.

4. Jammy winning his age group in a very non-competitive 5k. (The prize, a rosemary plant. Not quite as good as the lima beans that Brandon won a couple of years ago, but not too shabby.)

5. Jammy going to the running store that has evaded him the last four trips.

6. A Bud & Alley's Cuban sandwich, a cup of the soup of the day (doesn't matter, just bring it) and a Kalik.

7. Biting beach flies.

8. Cold pool water. (I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!)

9. The roda virus. (Which stands for Rotten Ol' Dirty A$$)

10. The hottest October week ever in Florida. Really.

11. The alternative life styles of Rosemary Beach.

12. No outlet malls. Not sure how that happened.

13. I have never been as happy that my son's name only has four letters as when the lady at Pretty Please said, "They're only $22 a letter".

14. 9 days...I could stay longer, so still no answer to the question "How long would it take for me to get tired of staying at the beach?"

More to come...

2 comments:

KBF said...

What restuarant choices did you regret? I bet you were tigh-lipped on your order with that bunch.

Even with 2 mother-in-laws and a 9 month old you weren't ready to come home? If you can get enjoyment out of that your emjoyment of Jamaica is going to be off the charts!

King Conch said...

The Back Porch - which should be a laid back beach classic, right? It's a long story, but suffice to say that every party has a pooper -and if your party doesn't have a pooper, you can borrow one of our's.

Yes, I had to keep tight-lipped on my menu selection. Although, at the above referenced, my grilled amberjack selection got out early, resulting in 4 duplicate orders in our party of 7.

I'm already asking forgiveness and paying penance for the Jamaica trip.