Monday, May 14, 2007

Less than 24 hours!!!

This time tomorrow, we'll probably be sardined in the Immigration and Customs area of Montego Bay International Airport that hasn't been expanded since 1964. The employees will be moving on island time, which is to say that they won't be in a hurry to get us through the line and on the way to FUNTIVITIES at the resort. It'll be all good, though. A bad day in Jamaica is better than a good day at work...unless you're the Chief Bikini Inspector at South Beach. I don't know. I just felt the need to talk a little.

Needless to say, this will be the only post this week. OHHHH, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers. One day, your children will understand Mother's Day and let you sleep past 6:30. I tried to let Leah sleep late yesterday, but Jack was having none of it. He stayed in the living room with me until Emily Yeung came on (he's not impressed with Emily Yeung), but then he tried to get to the bedroom where mommy was sleeping. After about 10 minutes of him screaming at me to let him by I relented, figuring that him going in to the bedroom couldn't be less relaxing than him sitting outside the door crying.

OHHHHH, Katie. I went to lunch with my mom after church yesterday. We went to some little meat and three across from their church. It was decent - not as good as Joel's, but then again...anyway, a couple from my mom and dad's Sunday school class joined us for lunch. (Why? Because my mom invited them thinking that they wouldn't come. Why'd she invite them any way? Why couldn't WE just have lunch on Mother's Day? My mom is one of those mothers that doesn't like Mother's Day....because EVERY DAY SHOULD BE MOTHER'S DAY...well, you know, she's right...but every day is not Mother's Day, it's just not....so when I make an effort, you don't have to appreciate it, but at least be receptive...don't ruin it for the rest of us...has it been an hour already? Thanks Doc. These sessions are helping me a lot. Same time next week?)

Any way, the conversation included this line that made me think of Katie:

We go to Golden Corral now. We used to go to Barnhill's, but it's REALLY gone down hill lately.

Things I'm looking forward to in Jamaica: Conch fritters, conch salad, conch chowder, conch strips, fried conch, roasted conch, conch stew, conch salsa, and conch.

That's all that I have time for today. Have a great week and we'll see you again next week!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ick. You poor trhing. My Pop actually has said B's has gotten gross and now prefers the GC too. Barnhills and Golden Corral make me ill.

Don't get burned!!! Keep a tally of how many people think you are someone famous and drink an extra Red Stripe for each comment!